Pages

Thursday, 9 December 2010

The Mullet In Reincarnation?

Yes you did read right; that iconic hairstyle that is associated with the 80's 'Business in the front; Party in the back' is making a comeback.

You can relax, its not as literal as you may think.

'The Mullet Dress' systematically named after its resemblance to the 80's haircut; short at the front and long at the back, is taking the Red Carpet by storm this season with many-a-celebs opting for this dramatic hemline. A bold statement, that I'm not entirely sure is my cup of tea....
If it weren't for the immediate flashbacks to that(!) wedding dress in Guns 'n' Roses November Rain video (of which, for the record, I still cannot fathom the upheaval in the fashion world at that time; people went crazy!) then maybe I would succumb to the idea.
Now tell me that picture does not conjure an instant *cringe!

Although, some celebs have managed to perfect its execution (well almost)
 

I must say I prefer the graduated hemline of the blue Versace; Alba's couture Valatino is too literal...

If that wedding dress hasn't put you off then here's a highstreet interpretation from Topshop £45...
Now that is definitely unique.

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment