Pages

Saturday, 1 January 2011

Happy New You....

So I've had a few days off to discard all use of brain power and just utterly enjoy the festivities of my favourite time of the year and I hope all my readers have as well! Now I'm back with full force and a new take on my blog.

The first month (and a bit) has really been about finding my feet, my niche, my style of writing and so it has been a little bitty in places and in my opinion (no intension of sounding big-headed but-) not really fully reflective of my ability to write and make something out of nothing, especially when it comes to fashion.

This year I want my blog to be about the raw, untapped side of fashion. Looking at the ideas that have rarely been explored before and blogging the hell of out them! Last year, I was writing about the high street and high street fashion but I want to write more about the science of fashion, the concoction, the creation of style and  through this; I am going to talk about my style; how I concoct my ensembles (with pictures, of course!)

As I've said in previous blog posts, I never intended to write about designer fashion because it's awful hypocritical of me to tell you you need to buy the latest creation from the new creative team at Alexander McQueen when I have no intention, let alone the bank balance, to buy it myself. But I think 'Fashion' wouldn't be nothing without its designers, being iconic or up-and-coming, and their collections to personify their brian waves and its utterly ridiculous of me to even contemplate being able to stay away from this. Therefore, I want to explore ways in which the young, bank balance challenges and creative can translate said creations into their own style; be it high street finds, vintage bargains or channeling the inner seamstress within you  - this is how I'm going to blog about fashion.

I also want to make it more personal - it's all well and good to tell you about the latest trends but you can read about them in almost every fashion blog, magazine and TV show there is, so this may not appeal to you all but I want to create something different. With my revamped opinion on fashion and my experiences within the fashion industry; through my parents business and the doors that that has and will open and my recent experience in the modelling side of fashion, Face Fashionology will be changed as you know it (thats a good thing!)

With this major alteration and my wanting to write a lot deeper and better, I will no longer have daily blog post as I wont be able to sustain that, due to college blah blah blah, but so you all know when I have posted, i will share it on Twitter so feel free to follow me (@LBFranklin) to keep up to date.

Sorry to have rattled on for 6 paragraphs and I hope you enjoy the overhaul to Face Fashionology


Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment