Pages

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Obama vs. Meester? Really?

Who'd have thought it'd be Obama to take on Meester in the lastest Fashion Police smackdown?
This coupling had me taking not just a second, but a third, a fourth... a tenth!


Leighton Meester paired her Marc Jacobs geo-print ankle grazing dress with strappy Louboutins whilst gracing the front row of of Jacobs Autumn 2011 collection back in February, so you'll all understand the shock I got when I saw Michelle Obama wearing the same dress on a Presidential trip to Ireland...

Meester's gentle curls forces her to scream 70's psychedelic and it was in this look that I lopped off the hem from my last seasons printed maxi so for me to see, yes a style icon in her own right but- someone of Obama's statue (which is often reflecting in her refine, elegant style) wearing this quirky, funky dress I did begin to question myself!

Michelle looks elegant and sophisicated and definitly demonstrates the ability of  the accessories or shoes in giving an outfit a complete 180 (so props for that) ... I just cannot fathom people suggesting that the Marc Jacobs dress is better worn with flats instead of wooden platform wedges!

Much love;
(a baffled) Fashionologist
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment