Pages

Friday, 12 August 2011

Winehouse Takes The Streets...

Taking to the streets on Englands fashion capital, I was looking for a little inspiration - for nothing in particular - just a little inspiration. As this was during my lunch break from my week at  Fly On The Wall: New Look Head Office., I could only venture as far as Oxford Cirucs and within the first few minutes I was slowly coming to the realization that although Oxford Circus is the epicentre of 'London Fashion' - its the tourism epicentre and (with the sights I saw wondering around Spitalfields Market - without my camera (not impressed with myself) still plaguing my mind) there was more kaki cargo pants and utility rucksakes than vintage feather trilbies and carpet pantaloons. Despite my love for the High Street - and Oxford Circus is 'High Street' at it's best, those pavements are pounded by the flocking tourist from all over the world whose rocking the kaki  cargo pant instead of the vintage beige jodphur. 

Heading back to the office, rather depressed that I didnt force myself to travel further afield, I struck gold. Jackpot.

This girl, a glowing beacon amidst the dull blur of kaki and black.
The personification of fearlessness. Self expression. Classic Style..
It was Amy Winehouse in reincarnation.




In hommage  to the late Hollywood sensation, young Oxfordian here donned the simple elegant black bodycon dress - all dramatised by the intense, immaculate work of the infamous 'liquid eyeliner'.
Granted, Winehouse's grungy take on the glamour of 1960's Beat era isn't one that tickles my fashionbuds but  I applaud the clean, elegant twist she (above) has bonded to the infamous style of Hollywoods latest tragedy.


Style steal aside, I must give credit when credits due... It's nice to see the Captial's tourist attraction embrace a little fashion into its blood, instead of the mundane sea of jeans and bumbags...


Much love
Fashionologist
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment