Pages

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Back To School Blues;

Well.
Its that time again.
The remnants of whatever 'Summer' England can give us are all that anyone is holding to as the onset of September brings with it everyones return to normality. (And Im not just talking about the 'young ones', all those London commuters are back to enduring those infamous traffic queues too.. Shout out to Mother Franko)

For me, today I joined the entire student cohort in returning to School, to my final year of Sixth Form. You all know what I'm talking about when I explain the intense struggle it was to drag myself out of bed this morning, when, for the past 6 weeks, your eyes hadn't witness anything earlier than the 10 o'clock Sun. 

Among the new books; new pens; new timetable, lies the return to normality as, after a mere 5 minutes, the frolicking adventures of the Summer seem like a distant lifetime away. Well, for any of you fashionologist's out there, you know that the cure to those Back to school blues lies in the perfect outfit to make you feel like you can take whatever backwards teacher or daunting timetable that get thrown at you, on that first day back.

Blouse - Zara
Trousers - Topshop
Hat - Vintage
Glasses - Specsavers
Boots - Henry Holland

My combination of my old faithfuls and new additions was the perfect antidote to that feeling of stepping through those 'Student Entrance' doors this morning, with the blur of new students, old friends, the teachers (including the ones I secretly hoped had endured a 'mysterious' accident this Summer rendering them unable to teach this year) and the smell of the coming final year in the air...

It's amazing that a simple concoction of cotton, satin and a little leather can prove to be just what 'the doctor ordered' to start the year off with a bang.

Good luck to all starting back today, or even yesterday, and if it's your final year, I hope your little concoction was the perfect start to a good year.

Final words;
IB; eat my dust... 40 points? You just watch.

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment