Pages

Sunday, 11 December 2011

Dance Oxford's, Dance!

I am a self professed heel-a-holic.

A pair of heel can transform any outfit from day to night or from simple to down-right show stopping (with the right pair of course) and they're a short girls greatest ally for creating those 6ft pins! And as much as comfort can be considered when I'm getting dressed in the morning; flats are rarely a contender.

And to my dismay, this attitude almost made me completely miss the discovery of this up-and-coming footwear designer; Nina Payne


Founder, Gabriella Hiatt has propelled the designer collection, Nine Payne, back in time, with the mix of historical inspiration and her own experiences as a dancer to create a collection that encompasses not only fashion, but practicality too? Who'd have thought that fashion can actually be practical?






The latest premium collection to come out of Nina Payne this year is The Oxford; 'Taking cues from the jazz dance masters, they are designed to mold to your feet with cushioned insoles and a silhouette that provides optimal arch support.'

The oxford shoe is the vintage girl's staple, that and a granny jumper, and although I do own my fair share of vintage; beaten; tired brogues, they have recently taken camp at the back of my wardrobe as I have literally gone heel-crazy. And, in the spirit of true fashion addiction, when I have a few pairs that will do the same job.. I can't wait to get my hands of a pair of Nina Payne's latest addition to her attack of the flats collections; 'Made In The USA Oxfords'

I like the modern twist this collection has put on an old classic and this allows for a more controversial styling, instead of the characteristic booby socks, vintage dress and oversized cardigan. The chianti coloured Dunham Perforated Oxfords would look quirky styled with Henry Holland star printed tights; a black high-waisted skirt layered over petticoats and band's tour t-shirt.

Who'd have thought this heel-a-holic would be itching to get her hands on a pair of flats? Oh how we grow...

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment