Pages

Sunday, 25 December 2011

Dreaming of A White Christmas...

IT'S CHRISTMAS!


From Fashionologist to all my readers;  I'm wishing you a very merry Christmas... and Christmas is my favourite time of year; and all those who know me will confidently say that I am the biggest child when it comes to Christmas spirit! Christmas is the one holiday that brings people together and for me, that shows that, despite the conditions of the world we live in, there is still a little magic left!

Each and every one of us has been dreaming of a white christmas, as we do each year, and this year (although without snow) I've had my white christmas....

The whole 60's mod trend was a big look on the catwalk of this autumn season, with the entire highstreet jumping on the band wagon and flooding their stores with every interpretation of the shift dress that is imaginable. Great. This is a prime example of why Fashionologist has such animosity towards the copy-cats of the 21st century fashion industry - anyways.. its Christmas so I'll save that rant for another post! (Im really going to have to start this post, aren't I)

However. I have been inspired by this look. Not because it is everywhere and not because the designers have done it, but  because the stark contrast of black and white holds such a punch (and we all know that Fashionologist has absolutely no intention of 'blending in') And with this in mind, since like SEPTEMBER I have been on the search for the perfect white blazer -although I have come across a few, like this one from Mango at Asos, the constraints of my bank account have rendered me blazerless!

But to Fashionologist's joy; guess what I found under my christmas tree...








River Island, Asos, Topshop, Vintage (hat)
Thankyou River Island! (well Mother Franko for the present, but River Island for making just what I've been looking for!)
This blazer goes perfect (well, with anything but) with my snakeskin black trousers from Topshop, my new babies; Dalmation fur block heel boots and my vintage bowler hat. - a little edgy for a wholesome christmas with the family, but then again, do I ever really  dress for the occasion?

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

1 comment: