Pages

Thursday, 26 January 2012

A Little Controversy Never Killed No One; Chanel 2012

I just had the shock of my life.
My heart sank.
My eyes welled up.
My hope dyed a little inside.

Yes, and I'm sure you'll all be shocked when I say this; I'm talking about the Chanel Couture Show. This reaction was based on two, rather contradictory, reasons;

1. The unflattering ode to air hostesses on the first page of Vogue's Show report
2. My unadulterated desire to fly aboard Air Chanel

I think it's probably best for me to explain myself, before you all condemn and unfollow me;
I've said, throughout my blogging shelf-life, that I hate the influence of the big label designers because of the fact that the high street will most definitely be flooded by cheaper and cheaper replicas of what was once a magnificent work of art. This being the one the reasons why I tend to steer clear of the catwalk trends pages of every magazine apr├Ęs the shows, you know; the whole being individual thing... However, pure curiosity always ravages my soul around this time of each season and I can't help but drool over the couture collections of fashion greatest, in between scouring for the glints of the up-and-coming too!

And today, sitting in the Sixth Form canteen, when I clearly should be revising for my mock exams next week, I had no ounce of self-control and before I knew I found myself typing... w w w . v o g u.. by this point it was too late!

This brings me to my 'dying inside' point I made earlier. Amazed, was I, by the reports of Lagerfeld’s innovation, breaking the boundaries of the traditional catwalk structure, as show-goers travelled (business class of course) up, up and away. This fuelled expectations that were sadly not met on the first page of Vogue's Show report;


I can't actually believe I'm saying this (and I'll probably get shot for it); but what has he done?! Where's the flattering lines, the innovative creations?! Where's the Chanel that I know and love?! I applaud his daring and the commitment to the theme, but this is certainly one trend that I hope doesn't make waves on the high street.

I was broken. I had gone looking for inspiration and all I got was blocked ears.

I continued, carrying the light for the fashion industry's greatest and, with a few clicks of the mouse, I found it;
The colours, the attention to detail, the pure luxuriousness so effortlessly light, the desire to rob a bank to purchase just one piece from the collection.


By the end of the images, I was happy to say that all was right with the mad world that we live in, again.

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is a really interesting post. I totally agree with what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Celia! I was worried that avid Chanel fans were going to shot me for this one! But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

    Hope to see you again.

    Fashionologist
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. At least someone had the guts to write that. Just because they're designer, doesn't make them god and it annoys me when people are too scared to say anything bad!

    Good for you girl!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete