Pages

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Monday Morning Blues..

You will all know exactly what I’m talking about when I say; the Monday morning blues. Am I right? The feeling when your bed, for some unknown reason, becomes a million times more comfortable and the thought of getting up and getting ready for work or sixth form or school is, literally, the equivalent of ripping your own skin off, yes? And, I don't know if this is just me, but this feeling is amplified during the winter months by the breath of ice encapsulating the room..

Well, this 'Monday morning blues' came today, Tuesday, - which kind of contradicts its name, but - the first day back to Sixth Form since the Christmas break.. I probably find this return to education even harder than after the summer break because you've spent the last week, or two, amidst a consortium of food and presents and family; of pure and utter ease. And there is always the longing for just one more day!

This morning blues was really the deciding factor of what ensemble I concocted today, in the hopes that I could prolong that feeling of cosiness for just a few minutes more.


 



 So my return to the grip of education, and thus the beginning of the whirlwind that will be the next five months leading up to my exams, I wanted to wear the personfication of comfort in a jumper, practically a steal from Rokit in Covent Gardens, simply with jeans and little boots.

However, upon reflection at the fact that this isn't really 'business dress', and I say reflect but I mean the disapproving look of Mother Franko, I caved and resorted to wearing my white blazer with jeans and a blouse. Not very inspiring, I know, but in life you've got to make sacrifices - and I'd rather not start the year with teachers 'comments' on what I'm wearing, or I'll never get away with anything!

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment