Pages

Sunday, 8 January 2012

Nico NI

I've always understood the power of jewellery or accessorising; its ability to transform an outfit to look completely different the second time round. But, I've never been one for wearing the same outfits twice and thus never really experienced its true power. And so, because of this, I've always begrudged spending that amount of money on jewellery to truly achieve it. I guess this could be the reason fuelling my ignorance, but I don’t really appreciate jewellery and find all the collections of the likes of Topshop or River Island, pretty bland and boring.

That was until I stumbled across this last night, during my typical trawl through the internet in the search for a little inspiration.

Nico NI

Created by the owner, Nicole, each piece encapsulates a different energy – an energy that I (admittedly a jewellery designer novice) have never seen before. The array of chained arm and leg cuffs and the intricate headpieces all exert a sense of empowerment, like the power of a knight’s chainmail.

“Nico NI represents a new generation of individuals... Independent, expressive souls who define themselves through their own interpretation of style and undeniable character.”

 Various Images from all the collections of Nico NI


All of that and the collection is barely a year old?!

And, a few moment following this discovery, I also discovered that I'm not the only one inspired by the rebellion of jewellery's typical constraints. With the likes of Topshop and MissSelfiridge incorpating chained arm cuffs, beaded neck chockers and wrist rings into their latest jewellery collections.


If you can't resist this Nappy Black Arm Chain;

 as much as me, then you can purchase the full collection as stockists; TheIdStore and FashionPony

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

Credits: www.niconi.co.uk 

7 comments:

  1. Nice post! I like it: your photos are so nice!!!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win an amazing dress by entering the Free People giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fabrizia,

    Thankyou :) Ill take a look at your blog now!

    FaceFashionology
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chain look....thanks for the different styling ways.........and thanks for the love.......loving your steez too.....xx from NYC

    hushhushcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your blog!
    Would you mind following each other via bloglovin maybe? :)

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malin, thanks for the love and definitely... You r blog is very interesting, already followed on Bloglovin!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing post!!thanks for sharing it with us!!! kisses! http://styleflakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete