Pages

Monday, 16 January 2012

One Women Crusade; To Bring Back The Bowtie

Last week, Wednesday 11th to be precise, I had my first University interview; for a place to study English Literature at Queen Mary University in London. And so, dressed to impress (pardon the cliché) I hit the streets of London in the 'smartest' ensemble I could conjure - and by 'smartest' I am inferring to the reining in of my desire to go a little different, so I guess.. I don’t really mean ‘smartest’? Sorry, I digress..

Another side note to my story (and I haven’t even got to my story yet!) I have officially been offered a place and, if I get the 36 IB points to get in, shall be spending the next 3 years amidst a cloud the culture and inspiration that is London! Can you imagine the future blogposts?! ... It makes me all tingly just thinking about it.

Anyhow (I will get to my point soon, I promise) prior to the departure of my first step towards the rest of my life, I spent the morning in a frenzy of fabrics on my one women crusade to bring back the Bowtie. 

I have talked about the inspiration that is Mother Franko and it still amazes me that that 18 year old girl, staring in that box of old photos, is the just what I need for a little inspiration. It was a photograph, in her top-hat-tail-coat-bow-tie ensemble, that sparked my love for the classic geek-chic staple.

In true Fashionologist style, things are never done subtly. 3 hours and countless needle pricks later;

From tweeds and checks to lace and leather, I went a little bowtie crazy. 

The next step? Dalmation fur (faux of course) and studds seem to be exciting the fashion slave inside of me..
So, to all my fellow Fashionologist's out there; join the revolution and in the wise words of Justin Timberlake; I'm bringing bowtie's back!

Much love;
Fashionology
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you made all of these, I wish I was that creative. I try but it always ends badly, so its best not to! Haha.

    I like your blog btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooo cool!! I cant wait to see you styling them.

    xx

    ReplyDelete