Pages

Sunday, 12 February 2012

'Happy Birthday' in a Glittered Microphone...

Happy Birthday to me;
Happy Birthday to me;
Happy Birthday Fashionologist;
Happy Birthday to me!

Just in case you haven't guessed; it's my birthday today!

18 at last! - and I'm sure you understand the utter jubliations when 'at last' becomes right now...

What an amazing weekend it has been! And, before you think I'm a complete loser for spending my birthday blogging, instead of enjoying my legality, I would like to inform you of my current state; I am currently snuggled in bed, hugging my laptop, whilst simultaneously watching Friends with Benefits and looking at the photographic evidence of last nights antics.

'What the hell happened last night?' does seem to ring a bell at this point...


Saturday saw me ring in the bells, so to speak, of my 18th Birthday with my closest friends and family as the evening very quickly evolved from the elegance of gift giving to the blur of coloured wigs engulfing the heads of all my guests! I find rather amazing, upon reflection, that I struggled for the past few weeks to find the perfect 18th Birthday dress, when; within moments of the first drinks disolving in our bloodstream, all inhibitions were absorbed! No longer was I concerned if my hair was big enough, if my makeup looked elegant or if my dress matched my shoes. Before my eyes was a kalediscope of coloured locks and 1950's oversized glasses as everyone sang at the top of their lungs (some into glitter microphones) the best version of the 'Happy Birthday' song I had ever heard!



And so, I sit here; many hours, many drinks and many wigs later, passing the remnants of the most fantastic birthday with my mum and sister, simply thinking; 'How am I ever going to top that!'

Thank you for all my kind birthday wishes and presents and I cannot wait to share them all with you through later blogposts; especially you Jeffery Campbell Spike Lita's! ("Walking all the way from Portland", as my card said)

Much love;
Fashionologist
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I am sooo jealous you got JC Litas!!!!! You are so lucky :)
    Can't wait to see you styling them!

    ReplyDelete